We have developed an end-to-end logistics management system for RO/RO and container shipments for multiple clients. This solution provides all US regulatory documents, electronic filing with US Customs and integration with multiple carriers for electronic transmission of documents and shipment tracking. It also includes customer, vendor, invoice and payment management modules
The solution provides a warehouse management module on a mobile platform (iOS and Android) for tracking inventory in the freight forwarder’s warehouse.
This system was built for Freight Forwarders who need to track all their shipping needs and want to keep control of their data. The system can track shipments and all their locations in a centralized system. It is built as a web application with a mobility component for the warehouse management piece.
The major components of the system include:
- Enter a quote request
- Create and track a quotation
- Enter and edit a consignment order – RO/RO or Container
- Search the consignments by customer, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and more
- Customer Center that shows the breakdown of each customer’s orders and finances
- Accounting to track all your invoices, bills, payments, credits and more.
- Vendor Center that shows the activity for each vendor, their bills and payables
- Administration Functions to set up ports, users, offices and more
- Reports to get profits, receivables, manifests etc.
- Warehouse management to scan vehicles by VIN, add vehicle pictures to an order etc
This was developed as part of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) product, to track movement of inventory. Trucks equipped with GPS devices that report their locations at periodic intervals will be tracked using this application. The application would report the status of the truck and inventory movement. This is used to