Seygen Inc and Seygen Technologies have worked with multiple Telecom and Cable clients in the US in the OSS/BSS integration space. Seygen has been involved in Flow-through automation since inception. Seygen was involved right from the initial inception of some of these projects and still part of some of the development, testing and operational hand-holding for these projects.
For a large Telco in US, Seygen was involved in providing integration solution between an Order Management platform and Billing system. This included order validation workflows, automation and release of order to the Order Management system.
Some of the key challenges were to include various new product lines like Fibre, Video etc getting included on top of existing fixed line products.
Residential Ordering platforms and integration
For a large Cable company in US, Seygen was involved in providing integration gateway solution between an Order Management platform and multiple Billing systems. Seygen provided a “Service Request model” to normalize data coming in SODI and PTM (CSG) formats into a single model for the Order Management system.
Seygen build Edge Gateways on top of its SMX platform to enable Order Management Systems and Portals to send provisioning requests to activate, deactivate phones and related features. These Gateways interfaced with the client Network applications that interfaced with soft switches.
These gateways could handle large scale activations/deactivation triggers generated from Order Management systems.
Seygen built various pre-ordering applications to support TN Query (for Porting), TN Reservation and TN pool management, Facility query and various such applications.
Other applications like third party integration with Home Security providers enabled the Order Management applications to extend product lines on top of traditional VDO and Broadband
Primary Rate Interface/Trunks and ASR Order Management
For a large Cable company in US, Seygen was involved in in replacing an existing Order Management vendor’s product line with an Order Management platform built on top of SMX & Seygen’s Workflow management tool-set.
This involved commercial orders where the # of lines ordered went up to 10k and this was causing existing application to crash. Seygen re-built this in record time, helped the client migrate the functionality division by division and also helped the client with data migration to ensure minimal productivity and data loss.
- Using a Business Process tool enabled quick build of various functions of the Order Management system
- Multiple integrations with third party clearing houses like Neustar to support FCC compliances, porting of numbers
- A highly responsive and custom-built REP User interface enabled REPs to identify issues, fix and push them back into the automation platform.
- Analytics identifying areas that have automation failure as entry points for analysis and further automation
Seygen partnered with the same Cable client to build a “rules and config driven” ASR order management platform. This enabled the client to migrate it out of a third party provided solution to an internal platform which reduced their costs.
- Receive orders from various clients and map them to the correct REP groups
- Started with a REP User interface that would let the REPs generate confirmations, completions and other responses
- Automation / Pre-fill of forms for the REPs by referencing various Network Inventory and other internal system of records based on Rules setup
- SLA management, User efficiency reports
- Analytics identifying areas that miss SLAs, identifying client SLA misses